COMMUNITY TABLE CRICKET PROGRAMME
INTRODUCTION: The LCCC Foundation has worked with the Lancashire Cricket Board (LCB) to deliver an annual Table Cricket Programme for the past 4 years. To date the programme has engaged over 20 individual schools/colleges (with many repeat visits year on year) and in excess of 500 participants.
Table Cricket is an exciting initiative which enables individuals with a range of disabilities / mobility issues to play this innovative adaptation of the traditional game, experience the thrill and excitement of playing cricket, create friendships and develop confidence.
THE PROJECT: Funded by the Trafford Sport and Physical Activity Partnership we are expanding the scope of the current LCCC Foundation/LCB Table Cricket Programme through the development and implementation of a new ‘community’ strand which will see:
• The creation of a Table Cricket Community Grant
• Community organisations in Trafford encouraged to apply to access the ‘grant’
• Selected community organisations provided with a ‘grant’ to the value of £506 to establish a Table Cricket Community Session
• Each successful community organisation will receive the following support to establish their own Table Cricket Community session:
- Staff / volunteer training
- 1 x Taster Session
- 1 x Table Cricket Equipment Set
• An annual Table Cricket Community Competition will be established at Lancashire County Cricket Club and each community organisation will be eligible to enter a ‘team/s’
• Eligible ‘teams’ will feed into the annual Lord’s Taverners North West Table Cricket Competition; this will see a coming together of the existing schools programme and the new ‘community’ strand.
THE DIFFERENCE THIS PROJECT WILL MAKE:
• Fund and support the development of 10 new Table Cricket Community Sessions in Trafford; open to all ages and abilities
• Provide sustainable participation opportunities for a minimum of 150 individuals with a range of disabilities and impairments
• Provide training to a minimum of 20 new individuals (staff / volunteers) to establish, develop and sustain the individual sessions
• Create additional competition opportunities
• Continue to establish LCCC as the ‘Central Hub’ for Table Cricket in the North West
• Create a case for further investment, development, expansion of the Community Programme
The creation of these Table Cricket Community Sessions in key locations across Trafford will also provide sustainable exit routes from the existing Schools Programme.
HOW TO APPLY: In order to become part of the table cricket community we need you to provide us with a few details. In exchange successful applications will be granted access to a community ‘grant’ including resources, equipment, development updates, competitive opportunities, certificates, & prizes.
The information needs to be completed and returned, no later than the 30th September, Click here to obtain an application form and return by either by post to Kay Floyd, LCCC Foundation, Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0PX or to email@example.com