Lancashire Thunder – Your New Female Cricket Team in the North West
This summer will give sports fans in the North West the chance to watch the best female cricketers in the world play live. The Kia Super League launches at the end of July and ticket prices will ensure that everyone can come and join in the fun.
There will be 6 teams that compete in the inaugural T20 competition starting Saturday 30 July through to Sunday 14 August culminating in finals day on 21 August at the County Ground in Chelmsford.
Emirates Old Trafford is host to one of the six teams, Lancashire Thunder. The full squad for the team includes 5 international cricketers (2 from the England Women team and 3 from overseas) - Lancashire Thunder squad:
• Kate Cross (England Women)
• Danielle Wyatt (England Women)
• Deandra Dottin (Overseas International – West Indies)
• Hayley Matthews (Overseas International – West Indies)
• Amy Satterthwaite (Overseas International – New Zealand) – captain
• Sophie Ecclestone (England Women’s Academy)
• Emma Lamb (England Women’s Academy)
• Ellie Threlkeld (England Women’s Academy)
• Natalie Brown
• Georgia Holmes
• Laura Marshall
• Natasha Miles
• Laura MacLeod
• Nalisha Patel
Lancashire Thunder start their campaign with a friendly against Loughborough Lightning on Friday 29 July 1pm start at Emirates Old Trafford prior to the men’s fixture between Lancashire Lightning and Birmingham Bears.
The team get underway for their first fixture in the Kia Super League on Sunday 31 July against Western Storm at the Cooper Associates Cricket Ground (Somerset) 2:30pm start. There will be two home fixtures those being against Southern Vipers at Blackpool CC on Friday 5 August 2:30pm start and the final group match against Roses rivals Yorkshire Diamonds at Emirates Old Trafford on Friday 12 August under floodlights 6pm start.
Tickets for this year’s competition are very competitively priced at £5 for adults and £1 for Under 18s (the double header fixture is priced slightly differently) and can be purchased at www.lancashirecricket.co.uk/thundertickets. Two fixtures that local Trafford residents may be interested in are:
• Friday 29th July 2016 v Loughborough Lightning 1:00pm at Emirates Old Trafford [DOUBLE HEADER] prior to Lancashire Lightning v Birmingham Bears 6:30pm – ticket will entitle you entry to both matches.
• Friday 12th August v Yorkshire Diamonds 6:00pm at Emirates Old Trafford
Those that are 2016 Lancashire County Cricket Club Members and supporters who have purchased a 2016 NatWest Blast T20 season ticket will be able to watch Lancashire Thunder home fixtures free of charge on production of their Membership or season ticket cards.